Skip to main content

1st GRADE : READING : BALLOONS FOR ME

There comes the balloon man. He brings balloons every day.

Red, blue, green, yellow and orange.

"Balloon man , balloon man," I call out. He sees me and grins.

He stops near my gate. He has so many balloons. Big and small,

long and round.

I take a long balloon for myself. It is red in colour. I play games

with my balloon. One moment , I am a policeman standing with

a stick in my hand.

A little later , I am grandpa going for a walk with a stick.

I ever ride it like a horse.

When mummy ties it to my back, it looks like a tail. So, I jump

over the chairs and tables and climb onto the windowsill.

"Perfect monkey," says mummy, laughing, and I cannot stop

giggling.

When I get tired of playing monkey, I change my balloon into

a train - chook , chook , chook......ooooo....oooo. There goes my

train. Suddenly there is a loud noise. Surprised , I jump onto

my bed.

Where is my balloon? Oh ! It has burst. My lovely long balloon

has gone. And , I am sad.

Just then, I hear someone coming in. I rush out of the room.

Daddy is at the door. "Hello Rohan," daddy smiles. He has a

big bunch of colourful balloons in his hand.

The next moment , I am in his arms. I hug him with all my

might.

"Thank you daddy, thank you so much ! I love balloons , they

are so wonderful !"


Learn the meanings.

grin             -   to smile showing one's teeth

giggle          -   to laugh excitedly

might         -    power , strength

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2ND GRADE : HINDI : BADSHAH KI RAJAI

 पाठ - प्रवेश     सूझबूझ  से हर समस्या  का  हल  निकलता  है ।        अकबर  के  दरबार  में बीरबल  विशेष  सलाहकार  थे । अन्य   दरबारी  इस  पद  को  लेना  चाहते  थे । बादशाह  अकबर  ये  जानते   थे । एक  दिन  अकबर  ने  घोषणा  की - सबकी  परीक्षा  होगी । जो   इस  परीक्षा  में  सफल  होगा , उसे  बीरबल  की  जगह  रख  लिया   जायेगा  ।         राजा - इस  रजाई  से  मुझे  सिर  से  पैर  तक  ढक दो ।   अन्य  दरबारी - लो , सिर  तोह  खुला  ही  रह  गया । यह  तुम्हारे   बस  की  बात  नहीं  है ।  अरे , सिर  ढका  तो पैर  खुल गए !  यह ...

2ND GRADE : HINDI : CHUTKI CHIDIYA

                             चुटकी  चिड़िया     एक  दिन चुटकी  चिड़िया  उड़ते - उड़ते  बरगद  के  पेड़ पर  आकर   बैठ  गई । पेड़    पर कई  पक्षियों  के  घोंसले  थे । चुटकी  ने  सोचा -  मैं  भी  इसी  पेड़  पर अपना  घोंसला  बनाऊँगी ।          उसने  घास  फूस  और  तिनके  इकट्ठे  किए । बड़ी  मेहनत  से    एक  घोंसला  बना  लिया ।अब  चुटकी  अपने  घोंसले  में  आराम  से    रहने  लगी । रोज़  सुबह  वह  दाने  की  खोज  में जाती । शाम  को  घोंसलें   में  आकर  आराम  करती ।           एक  नटखट  बंदर  भी  उसी  पेड़  पर...